Home > Watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
Synopsis for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)": "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever... Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities... A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.
- Post by trapblast 7 days ago Report
- I really loved this one. Can not wait for the next one!
- Post by plainandsimple 17 days ago Report
- There are so many unjust comments here criticizing this film. I was instantly transported back to Middle Earth as if no time had passed at all. Loved every second of it! The LOTR movies were better than the books. 'The Hobbit' is still one of my favorite books of all time. My imagination soared when I read it! And, I have to admit, I still love the book more. But that doesn't take away one bit from this movie. I only wish it were a single film.
- Post by Scarface2ki11 18 days ago Report
- They're walking because if they flew the dragon or in the lord of the rings, Sauron would of spotted them a mile off and the eagles would be killed along with riders. There walking because secrecy was required in the quests. Gwaihir was only going to get them as a favor to gandalf. Sending them on a mission of death would have been too much for gwaihir to ask of his brothers. They would not have gone even if gandalf had asked. He did not have the ability to summon them (as someone else pointed out that radaghast sent gwaihir to bring tidings to gandalf. Got to bare in mind , Nazguls and orcs was not the most powerful weapons Sauron had. If the eagles went near mount doom while sauron was still alive they would of been killed and then the ring returned and good bye middle-earth
- Post by 02donmega 21 days ago Report
- if you like the book so much better go and read it i saw this in the theater and thought it was excellent love the LOTR aswell for me the next 2 years these films will be a christmass treat !
- Post by SugarCubeLyssa 22 days ago Report
- The embellishments were taken from other pieces of work from Tolkien. They are pieces of Middle Earth's history.
- Post by PlaymateSurfer 24 days ago Report
- Ahhh, its no Lord of the Rings but OK 5/10
- Post by sazaen03 1 month ago Report
- I absolutely enjoyed this movie!! I think the song of the lonely mountain is so heartfelt and emotional. I can't wait for the next part of their journey to come out! Great cinematography and special effects. Now I think I need to watch the previous movies.
- Post by riptorn69 1 month ago Report
- relly enjoyed this looking forwaed two next one
Brion: The new Silence of the Lambs. Brilliant glinting dark as pitch thriller/kidnapping/murder movie. A dark classic. Why didn't this get more press and play? Great performances all around and a tricky loop through of everyone is in trouble.Movie 43 (2013)
Edge of your seat, with doubt and questions. A great modern horror movie.
poopcorn: I think the link I watched was the (UK:Version) with an alternate wraparound about two teenagers and an 11-year-old trying to find the most banned movie in the world. I liked it better than (USA:Version); washed-up producer as he pitches insane story lines featuring some of the biggest stars in Hollywood.Movie 43 (2013)
poopcorn: This movie was funny!! lol. I saw the cam version when it first appeared on here but at that time it was the skits only. Much better watching with the overall main story involved. Worth watching and the last skit after the bloopers was excellent! Beezel The Cat, too funny!!The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh (2012)The Last Will and Testament of Rosalind Leigh (2012)
moviebuff75: watched this with my niece last night (she's 18) and she slept with me cause this movie creeped her out so much hee hee..The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
best to watch it alone, turn up the volume and have a blanket to hide your face .. I truly liked it a lot 10/10
KIRAsama: I loooove this movie! Yeah just like battlesheep said, it took me a pretty good time to watch this flick, I was just pushing it and pushing it, then BAM! Cried a river with this one. Logan Lerman just Upped his acting skills for me in here. Great portrayal by the three actors.Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
cwilder06: I'm with Deerwatcher - I think the Rotten Tomatoes score is a little inflated. I enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was Wes Anderson's best. And let's be clear, you need to at least like Wes Anderson films to enjoy this. If you think the Royal Tenenbaum's and it's ilk are not your cup of tea I do not think this will change your mind.Ender's Game (2013)
Resticon: Haven't read this book before because every time I tried in the past it felt a bit too dry. This movie on the other-hand was so superb that I think I might have to go get the book and force myself past that beginning chapter or two. A few nice twists and, while not unpredictable, it was engaging at the least.The Wolverine (2013)The Ultimate Life (2013)
mcclain194: Yup that was a very good movie. 9/10 from me.