Home > Watch The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
Synopsis for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)": "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" follows title character Bilbo Baggins, who is swept into an epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor, which was long ago conquered by the dragon Smaug. Approached out of the blue by the wizard Gandalf the Grey, Bilbo finds himself joining a company of thirteen dwarves led by the legendary warrior Thorin Oakenshield. Their journey will take them into the Wild; through treacherous lands swarming with Goblins and Orcs, deadly Wargs and Giant Spiders, Shapeshifters and Sorcerers. Although their goal lies to the East and the wastelands of the Lonely Mountain, first they must escape the goblin tunnels, where Bilbo meets the creature that will change his life forever... Gollum. Here, alone with Gollum, on the shores of an underground lake, the unassuming Bilbo Baggins not only discovers depths of guile and courage that surprise even him, he also gains possession of Gollum's "precious" ring that holds unexpected and useful qualities... A simple, gold ring that is tied to the fate of all Middle-earth in ways Bilbo cannot begin to know.
- Post by RedSpot 3 months ago Report
Afaik the elves dont believe the Grey Wizard and so are reluctant to aid him. When the 'she-elf' does help them it is probably under the radar and should remain that way.
If these things are causing you grief though, you might not want to look at the next Hobbit with too much of a logical sence..
- Post by londonluver 3 months ago Report
- I watched this last night in preporation to watch the new Hobbit in the theater today. Here are the strengths in this movie. 1. Martin Freeman was an excellent choice. 2. the effects are pretty cool particularly those big rock giants (don't remember what they're called). Weaknesses: over and over Bilbo and others fall from really high places crashing into solid rock as they make their decent. Falls like that would kill anybody yet right before Bilbo sees Gollum he's a made a fall and he gets up with barely a scratch. But this movies for you. The other thing that bugs me are the eagles. Yup, those infamous eagles that could save them so much time in both this movie and in Lord of the Rings. In this one they drop the group off on a mountain and the dwarfs look off into the distance and see their destination. with an eagle it would take them 10 minutes tops to get thee. But all that aside, the movie was fantastic!
- Post by QuickdrawMcgraw 4 months ago Report
- Going to theater to see the new Hobbit..Watched to refresh the story..eat movie...Only weakness for me was Troll town...I found the whole sequence a bit to much(over the top)...8.5/10
- Post by EL3G 4 months ago Report
- Watched this again since links haven't dropped yet for Desolation of Smaug. J. R. R. Tolkien put together one hell of a series man, all of the movies have been great.
- Post by trapblast 4 months ago Report
- I really loved this one. Can not wait for the next one!
- Post by plainandsimple 5 months ago Report
- There are so many unjust comments here criticizing this film. I was instantly transported back to Middle Earth as if no time had passed at all. Loved every second of it! The LOTR movies were better than the books. 'The Hobbit' is still one of my favorite books of all time. My imagination soared when I read it! And, I have to admit, I still love the book more. But that doesn't take away one bit from this movie. I only wish it were a single film.
- Post by Scarface2ki11 5 months ago Report
- They're walking because if they flew the dragon or in the lord of the rings, Sauron would of spotted them a mile off and the eagles would be killed along with riders. There walking because secrecy was required in the quests. Gwaihir was only going to get them as a favor to gandalf. Sending them on a mission of death would have been too much for gwaihir to ask of his brothers. They would not have gone even if gandalf had asked. He did not have the ability to summon them (as someone else pointed out that radaghast sent gwaihir to bring tidings to gandalf. Got to bare in mind , Nazguls and orcs was not the most powerful weapons Sauron had. If the eagles went near mount doom while sauron was still alive they would of been killed and then the ring returned and good bye middle-earth
- Post by 02donmega 5 months ago Report
- if you like the book so much better go and read it i saw this in the theater and thought it was excellent love the LOTR aswell for me the next 2 years these films will be a christmass treat !
Sabotage (2014)The Railway Man (2013)The Shouting Men (2010)The Great Raid (2005)The Great Raid (2005)
raven13: Excellent movie. 4 out of 5.The Great Raid (2005)The Great Raid (2005)
backroad_420: Great movie, very inspirational.The Great Raid (2005)Sabotage (2014)Reform School Girl (1994)